I am so late with this! But I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to Rachael,B, and Lexi&Sarafor the nominations! I truly love this blog and the connections I have made through it. This is a way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (200 followers or less). Here’s how it works:
Copy & Paste This Whole Post and Replace All Your Information — who awarded you, for example.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.”
The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:
1) Paper Book or Electronic? Paperback fo sho'! I love the feel and smell of a book. I bend my books all the way back until the spine is creased, yep I'm that girl.
2) Who would you have dinner with if you could pick anyone ever? Probably my mother's father. He disowned us early on and I know nothing about that side of the family. I've got a few things to say to him, but mostly I want to know about my fam.
3) What kitchen utensil would you be? A silicone spoon...seriously get one.
4) If you met the president, what would you say to him? Thanks for the birth control, free breast pump, marijuana and marriage recognition. (high five)
5) What’s the hardest lesson you have had to learn in your life? That blood isn't thicker than water.
6) What’s the best decision you ever made? Going back to school and getting my nursing degree.
7) What’s your favorite musical? Phantom of the Opera. I cry everytime I hear "Think of me"
8) What’s your biggest pet peeve? Loud chewing...it's called misophonia. Oh, and messy sandwiches, if I take a bite and the guts fall out the bottom, someone is gonna die.
9) What’s your greatest accomplishment? Marrying my wife. That probably sounds strange, but I was so scared to hold her hand in public let alone marry her and finally I had to let go of what people thought and live my life.
10) Where do you see yourself in 15 minutes? Still on this couch with no bra on.
11) Where do hope to be in your life by the time you are retired? Retired? What's that? I will probably work in some capacity until I die. But as long as my family is provided for, my kids are stable in their lives, I hope to be traveling the world with my lovely.
Here are my nominations (In no particular order!) I also have no idea how many followers these people currently have, but I love reading them!: