Monday, May 13, 2013

The Motherload



I was leery to write a post about Mother's Day on a blog that is shared with people that share the unrelenting desire to have children. I viewed yesterday so differently. Usually, it is a happy holiday because a) I still have my mom and b) I wanted to be a mom but had  not ventured into that journey yet.  This year is different because of you my bloglandians. I have met so many of ya'll that have had the most amazing journeys to motherhood. And motherhood seemed to be so cut and dry until we started this path. I see now that mothers can come in so many different forms and we should embrace and celebrate that. This is the first Mother's Day that R's mom is without hers and R is without her nanny. And wow, a cliche never rang truer than "you don't know what you've got til it's gone".   I also thought about all the moms in waiting. I know today can be so tough and I appreciate you the most. No matter where your baby is,  heart, body, mind, or soul, you are still a mom.

I got my wife a Mother's Day gift. A rosebush to plant in our yard together to watch grow as we watch our babies grow.

And with Mother's Day comes the commercials. Can't a hormone laden gal get an effing break please????   Warning: these are not for the faint of heart.  Grab a box of tissues and try to make it through these without ugly crying. Good luck and may the force be with you..





2 comments:

  1. I hope you had an awesome Mother's Day! Sounds like it was a day full of emotion and mixed feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! The 1 tissue commercial got me... tear. Happy Mother's Day to you and your wifey. I'm so happy to hear that the babies are doing well!

    ReplyDelete