Friday, February 1, 2013

The Last time I was this excited about shots, I was 21.

WE STARTED SHOTS TODAY! And they SUCKED! Why am I SHOUTING???!!! We went back and forth as to who was going to actually do the stabbing, and finally settled on R doing them. I give them for a living so I didn't really care (or so I thought). So we watched videos on giving thigh shots and I gave her step by step instructions. So when it came time to pull the trigger, she couldn't do it!
 R:"ok ready?"
 me: "yep" (eyes closed)
 R: " ok 1..2...eeeee....no no I cant!" This happened 3 times before I finally decided I was going to do it myself. Then I freaked out! I have no clue why!!!! I do this everyday to other people- I suck. So then she said she wanted to try again and I suggested we put on some tunes. She chose some rage song by System of a Down and I burst into laughter. Side note: we were dressed in gym clothes because we were about to go for a jog. So here we are shooting up in workout clothes to rage music like a bunch of meat heads! HA! We finally got through it! She did it and it hurt like hell. I was not expecting that. I was so proud of her and we felt a little closer :) (but man, I can't wait for her turn!)
say hello to my little friend!


The only other thing is that my RE put me on Synthroid today. My TSH levels were normal 3.31, but she wants them to be closer to 2.5. I don't know how I feel about this.  I did a lot of reading and I don't have hypothyroidism but I just worry about medicating something that isn't broke. I know she's the expert but I just hate taking meds. period. How about ya'll? Anyone had to take Synthroid?

5 comments:

  1. Try putting ice on the area for 10-15 mins before you do the shot. It helps with the pain. You can also do it after if it still hurts. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My doctor put me on Synthroid as well. I've been on it for a while now, and don't feel better or worse for the experience. My TSH levels are lower (like yours mine were high-normal), which the fertility doc likes. I checked with my own doctor as well as the fertility doctor, who claims there are no long term effects to going off it after pregnancy is achieved and risk levels are lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I took my first dose yesterday and have read there are little if any side effects. I was really worried about what happens when you stop taking it so this def makes me feel better!

      Delete
  3. Good luck you two!!! :) the pain will be worth it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for stopping by! we need all the encouragement we can get. ;)

      Delete