Since we really need some quality eggs, I have been reading a lot about what can increase the quality. This is all speculation of course sprinkled with some old wive's tales, but hey, who am I to judge? So we hit up the grocery store and stocked up on these:
- royal jelly with bee pollen (paste)-said to improve egg quality, it's what the queen bee feeds on and she lives 6 years longer than her drones and lays 2000 eggs.a.day.folks. I read that we need to take it for 3 months but figured we would give it a shot anyway and see what all the buzzzzz is about. See what I did there? ;)
- pineapple core-I've heard conflicting things about this and what it does but I've heard that it contains bromelain which supports an extra sticky uterus. For IVF'ers, you should eat the core for five days starting on transfer day.
- Kale-full of natural folate- we put it in everything! We drink it in smoothies every morning. I'm making a "fertility soup" chocked full of it along with white beans, garlic and chicken.
- Brazil nuts- 1 nut contains a days worth of selenium, a mineral linked to successful implantation when taken in moderation.
- avocados-rich in antioxidants and good fats
- chicken and salmon-filled with good fatty acids and protein
So there you have it. Our fertility diet for the next few weeks. We've already cut our caffeine and the lady at Mcd's helped me sober up (see my last post). Just waiting on AF so I can start the patches and Rosebud starts stims on Saturday hopefully. We are going to a marriage equality rally at our state house tomorrow and are so excited for all the potential changes for our LGBTQ community and what it means for our families! It's going to be an exciting next few weeks and we are so ready! Sending fertile thoughts and queen bee vibes to everyone!