Saturday, October 5, 2013

Head Scratcher

So if there is one thing I have learned over the past few weeks is that I may not be very maternal...yikes. I am having a hard time with this. I am super excited about these babies but I am not feeling very maternal yet. Is that weird? My wife is nesting like a mad woman while I just sit by and watch. I am not sure what is happening. Maybe I am tired? I've been working overtime trying to save up.  I still don't feel very prego. My wife keeps telling me that I look pregnant, but it wasn't until yesterday someone actually asked me if I was. I am 27 weeks and have gained 2 lbs.  I have to keep reminding myself there are two of them in there!  I was overweight to begin with and I know that has a lot to do with it, but it psychologically messes with me.  I don't have heartburn, or  any swelling or the usual complaints of a woman in her third trimester. It sounds strange but this makes me sad. I know that others would be grateful for this, but this is my one and only pregnancy and I just haven't felt very pregnant. I think I just had what my pregnancy would  be like idealized in my head and it is not.at.all. what I imagined.  It is unfathomable to me that we will go from just the two of us to a family of four in two months and I don't feel anything. What is wrong with me??? I can't figure out if I my pregnancy and parenting fears aren't allowing me to feel joy. I wanted this sooooo badly and I look around and see all this baby stuff and just cannot wrap my head around this. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this normal? Will it change? Is it hormones? We have a birthing class next week and maternity photos in November. I hope this will help jump start me. It just makes me sad that I even need to be revved up for such an awesome thing. I really hope I am just in a funk and this will pass. Trust me, I know I sound like big whining baby right now but I would love to hear your experiences or thoughts on this.

I'll leave you with some happy pics...


Pride 2013

Pride 2013

7 comments:

  1. You're right, I surely do wish this was me lol! I am sure as you get closer you will start to get in the "nesting" mood etc. You look fantastic, I am so jealous! I am only having one baby and was overweight to start and gained 29lbs so far! UGH! Still having a hard time believing we are only two short months away from meeting our babes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't believe it either. It just really hasn't sunk in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember every pregnancy is different, some people feel terrible and others feel great. Infact, Alexia Pereira felt great her whole pregnancy and barely gained anything either. Maybe she can give you some helpfull words when she comes back on here!!!!!! Just enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you aren't feeling so great right now. If it makes you feel better, I HATED being pregnant. Absolutely hated every moment of it, except the very first few kicks and then after that, I was uncomfortable and claustrophobic. So, believe me, every pregnancy is different and it's OK to feel the way you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Give it some time....my wife didn't start "looking" very pregnant until that 32-33 week mark. I mean, it literally happened over night. Like other's have said...everyone and every pregnancy is different. The key is to not be hard on yourself and to be "ok" with your feelings. You're entitled to feel the way you do. I'm happy to hear that your pregnancy is progressing so well. BTW: Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee send me some of that awesomeTASTIC luck you're having with the little weight gain and feeling great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you are feeling! I did not feel pregnant other than my belly and the constant movement. Enjoy it! Really, I mean it! I thought something was for sure wrong when I didn't have the usually swollen feet or the heart burn. Consider yourself lucky! It also helps for jumping back into your pre-pregnancy body when you deliver. I was sad I didn't have all that and guess what I went into labor with no swollen feet! It was awesome! You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete